Erectile Dysfunction or ED in short and the treatment options
First, What is Erectile Dysfunction?
It occurs when a man is unable to get or keep an erection that allows for penetration during sexual activity.
Is Erectile Dysfunction common?
It is estimated that 1 in 4 to 1 in 5 men over the age of 40 have the issue
And it becomes more common as we grow older
So What are the Cause of Erectile Dysfunction?
ED is usually multi-factorial meaning that there are many factors that can cause the issue
- Chronic diseases like hypertension and diabetes
- Low testosterone levels (See: Andropause)
- Certain medicines or drugs like alcohol
- Psychological factors like stress, anxiety, new partner
For the let’s discuss what are some treatment options if you have Erectile Dysfunction.
The most common Erectile Dysfunction Treatment option is Medicine
There are tablets, such as Viagra and Cialis you can take or inject prior to your sexual contact that can help with ED
They work by increasing blood flow to the penis.
Treatment option 2 is by using a Penile vacuum device. It Works by creating a vacuum, which forces the blood into the penis; a ring is then used to prevent the blood from flowing out from the penis thus maintaining an erection
A more invasive option is by surgical penile implants can be inserted by surgeons
Another Erectile Dysfunction treatment option is by undergoing Electroshockwave therapy or ESWT in short
One of the causes of Erectile Dysfunction is the poor flow of blood into the penis caused by unhealthy blood vessels.
By shooting multiple low-intensity shockwaves into the penis, new and healthy blood vessels develop. This is known as neo-vascularization.
It works by delivering painless low-intensity shock waves into the penis. This stimulates the penis to make new blood vessels. More blood vessels mean better blood flow into the penis and better erections.
Each treatment session lasts about 15 minutes and is completely painless. A patient can resume his normal activities immediately after the treatment.
Usually, 6 to 12 treatment sessions are recommended.
If you think you may be suffering from ED, please visit your doctor for further assessment and treatment at our men’s clinics.
Watch next: HOW DO YOU INJECT CAVERJECT?
Caverject is a medication that is used for Erectile Dysfunction (ED). Here’s a step by step video on how you can accurately administer Caverject.
- 7 Ways to Last Longer in Bed (Premature Ejaculation)
- What You Need to Know about Erectile Dysfunction
- Does Penis Size Matters? (Sexual Confidence in Men)
- 10 Ways to Improve Sexual Performace in Men
- Weak Erection?! Improve Erection without Pills
- Penile Rejuvenation – What You Need to Know
- What are the Causes of Foreskin Infection?
- Are All ESWT Machines for Erectile Dysfunction the Same
- ESWT for Erectile Dysfunction
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) for Men’s Health Issues
- All You Need to Know about Erectile Dysfunction Treatment