What is Male Adult Circumcision?
Male Adult circumcision is the removal of the excess foreskin from the penis.
There are many reasons to undergo a circumcision procedure. The benefits are listed below.
Benefits of Circumcision:
- Prevention of balanitis (penile infection)
- Better hygiene
- Reduced risk of HIV and other STDs
- Fewer risk of urinary tract infection
- Prevention of phimosis (inability to retract foreskin) and paraphimosis (foreskin retracted and unable to return to original position)
Who should get a circumcision?
In medical terms, there are absolute and relative indications for getting a surgery/procedure done such as circumcision. There are only 2 absolute indications for circumcision – scarring and severe infection (BXO).
However, for relative indications, these are the reasons to consider circumcision
- Those with previous or recurrent balanitis (penile infection)
- Those unable to retract their foreskin fully to wash
- Those with long and redundant foreskin, trapping urine and dirt
- Those with the buildup of whitish “gunk” also known as smegma under the foreskin
- Those with tight foreskin and unable to retract (phimosis)
- Those who want to have a reduced risk of STDs, urinary tract infections or penile cancer
- Those with painful and uncomfortable erections
How is the surgery performed?
We perform the surgery using a sutureless technique where it takes 10-15 mins to perform and is done under local anaesthesia. With this technique, the wound remains protected and does not tear or bleed, unlike the traditional circumcision methods.
What happens after the surgery?
ALL my patients are able to go back to normal activity immediately after the surgery and this should not hinder with your work or study in anyway, however, you will be out of vigorous activity, sports for at least 3 weeks.
There are many advantages to the Circumcision procedure done at Dr Tan and Partners (DTAP Clinic) which include
- Reduced surgery time from about 1 hour using the conventional method to 10 mins
- No sutures necessary
- Short procedure time (around 10 minutes)
- Minimal bleeding
- Frenulum preserved
- Very low risk of complications
- Excellent cosmesis
- High satisfaction rate among patients
The cost for the circumcision procedure is $1926.00 and inclusive of follow up reviews.
Contact us today to book an assessment for your health needs!
Circumcision for adults (>21 years old) is currently only available at our following clinics:
- DTAP Clinic @Somerset +65 6262 0762
- DTAP Clinic @Holland V +65 6235 1339
- DTAP Clinic @Novena +65 6397 2095
- DTAP Clinic @Siglap +65 6962 2144
- DTAP Clinic @Raffle Place +65 8882 1632
- DTAP Clinic @Robertson +65 8825 8037
- DTAP Clinic @Kovan +65 8921 6820
- 7 Ways to Last Longer in Bed (Premature Ejaculation)
- Penile Discolouration Causes – What You Need to Know
- 10 Causes Of Penile Pain – Ouch! Pain In The Penis
- What You Need to Know about Erectile Dysfunction
- Does Penis Size Matters? (Sexual Confidence in Men)
- 10 Ways to Improve Sexual Performace in Men
- Weak Erection?! Improve Erection without Pills
- Penile Rejuvenation – What You Need to Know
- What are the Causes of Foreskin Infection?
- Are All ESWT Machines for Erectile Dysfunction the Same
- ESWT for Erectile Dysfunction
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) for Men’s Health Issues
- All You Need to Know about Erectile Dysfunction Treatment