Cervical Lymph node swelling and ear pain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cervical Lymph node swelling and ear pain

I am having itching in left ear from seven days, bad smell from nose and posterier cervical lymph node raised slighlty on the left side that hurts to move neck. Doctor gave me augmentin 625 MG thrice a day but lymph node still hurts while moving neck. What it could be as my wife also start to having itchy ears from 1 day.
    Prior to that on 28 dec'18 I have get tested negative for HIV with combo test post syringe needle issue (24 days later) I have posted earlier. This time also I dint see lab technician taking new needle but I saw him fixing needle in vacutainer tube. Should I be worried about it?

Hi Rajatsharma,

It sounds more like you have an infection (ear related - I am unable to comment without having assessed you of course), which is causing the painful cervical lymph node. This is not how HIV would manifest.
    But if the Augmentin is not working even after completion of the course of antibiotics, I do suggest you return to see a doctor again.

Comment

Swelling has gone but slight pain is still there cervical lymph node. I am still feeling fullness in ears

Comment

So can I relieve myself from HIV standpoint?
        Also my doctor changed the antibiotic to ceroxim 500 after 3 days of augmentin. Lymph node has gone but still little discomfort in left side of neck, around left ear and fullness in both ears while swallowing. No fever at all

Comment

I think it is safe to say that your infection has responded well to the antibiotics and your lymph node issue is completely unrelated to your concern re HIV.

Hope you will feel completely well soon.

Comment

Thank you for your response. One last question I have, can all this be due marijuana smoking. I have smoked it regularly which I have stopped completely now. Weather is also very cold here india where I live

Comment

Could it be cancer? What tests should I ask my doctor to get done?

Comment

I am really unable to comment or make a diagnosis just purely based on the description you have provided and I suggest you physically see a doctor where you are, he or she will be best able to advise you on tests needed after having first spoken to and examined you.

Comment

Working...
                X