Fingering with a wound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingering with a wound

Good Day Doctor, my exposure is as follows. I had a pin prick blood test done on a finger ( which bled a couple of drops at time, but stopped immedaitely after compression). After 10 hours, i used the same finger to rub the vagina of a Sex Worker ( Status unknow), she became wet in the process and I had vaginal fluid over thia finger. My concer is could i have been exposed to HIV or any other STDs though this pin prick wound ? About 5 days after the incident i noticed small bumps on the side of my body, and on my arms which still havent gone away after 7 weeks. So im quiet concerned.

Hi donkeykong392ffu,

I would say the risk of HIV exposure through the pin-prick wound is minimal. As the wound is very superficial and clotting happens fast, there is a very low risk of getting HIV or any STDs through this route.

Regards

Comment

Thank you doctor. I hope you woundt mind a few follow up question.

When you mention the risk to be minimal, can one consider it to be zero ? Have routes been known to be a source of transmission. ( My appoligies if this question seems insensitive )

And secondly, would your assesment change if i had fingered the CSW ( penetration of the fingers)

Thanks a bunch for your time and insight.

Comment

Hi donkeykong392ffu,

Yes the risk is zero for both situation that you have mentioned.

Regards

Comment

Working...
        X