Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unprotected oral sex and hiv

Hi Dr.

What are the risk of contracting Hiv through Unprotected oral sex? I am a hetrosexual male. The lady that performed oral sex on me did not have any visible cuts/sores/bleeding in her mouth. I've read that its extremely unlikely to get hiv this way as saliva inhibits the virus. What is your opinion?

Hi. The risk of HIV transmission from oral sex is negligible. However, there are still definite risks for other STD's including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and herpes. If you have any concerns, please visit us for a consultation and testing.
    Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) and Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) are some of the most common STI’s we encounter in the clinic.

Comment

• Saysme
      Saysme commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your reply Dr.

Could you help me understand something. I've read that when a lady performs oral sex on a guy, she is the receptive partner and the guy is the insertive partner. This makes sense to a point. Guy is inserting his penis so he is the insertive partner.. BUT HE is the one receiving oral sex. This is my understanding, which is why i am confused.

I've also read that the risk from oral sex comes from sores/bleeding gums as saliva inhibits the virus. I assume this risk is for the lady? But if she is positive and he is negative, what aspects would increase the risk for the guy? I've also read that insertive fellatio is basically no risk as saliva inhibits the virus.

Anything doctor?

Comment

As I have said, the risk of HIV transmission from oral sex is negligible. Why spend hours agonizing over all of these hypothetical details when the end result and answer to the question is the same anyway - close to zero risk. If you are still concerned, simply speak to a doctor and get tested.

Comment

Working...
      X