Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anal fingering

Hi Doctor,

I fingered a man in his anus for less than a minute in a popular cruising area. Later on I noticed a small cut on one of the fingers. It wasn’t bleeding but I quess it was relatively fresh. My other concern is that a couple of minutes before my encounter I had seen this man in a position suggesting him bottoming with someone else so I fear there might have been some semen in his anus while I was fingering him. What are the odds of getting HIV in this scenario. Thanks in advance!

Hi Luka40,

If you had a finger cut and this was exposed to seminal fluid, given the situation you described, there may indeed be some risk of HIV and certain other STDs. While there are no specific percentages I can quote you as this is a very specific situation with many caveats, I would definitely encourage you to come by our Robertson Walk clinic for a chat and we can understand the situation a bit more and advise you on the relevant testing you should consider, and when.

Comment

Dear Doctor,
      I understand that even though the cut was a couple of hours old, my encounter still carries risk?

Comment

Working...
      X