Hiv from needle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiv from needle

Last Thursday I got bitten by a unknown insect,after it bitten me I got inching,vomit,and stomach pain.so,I visited hospital to get TT injection.in that hospital after consulting the doctor we have to go to nurse cabin to get injection.after injection we have to pay to the nurse.
    after consulting the doctor,I went to nurse cabin to get injection.there she was registering the next patient's name and there was already a patient inside the room who got injected before me.
    So,when I informed her that I have to get TT injection,she took a new syringe and filled it with the medicine in to it.during that the person who injected before me came to pay to the nurse.nurse collected the amount with the same hand where she has my syringe and that currency note made contacr with my needle.after that she injected it in to my hip and all these things happened within a minute.
    My question is if the patient has her blood in her hand from rubbing the needle injection site and with the same hand she paid to nurse and that currency note made contact with the needle which is injected into me means can it transfer hiv to me?
    another thing is when I asked her for injection she was registering another patients name after collecting the money,as most of them are suffering from cold or fever,if that patient has cough or runny nose,and with the same hand if they paid means can it Tranfer hiv to me I'm asking this because that currency note is touched by both nurse and that patient before it touched my needle and injected into me.
    I don't know the status of those previous patienst.so,it's worring me too much.
    Please help me.

Hello my friend,

Your risk of HIV transmission from touching an item is zero.

I assume your healthcare professional has taken the necessary precautions with sharps and body fluid. And if this was not a reusable syringe or needle, I do not think your risk is there.

But I do know in healthcare facilities like India, there has been reported cases of HIV transmission from blood transfusions.

If you are worried, you can see us at any of our clinics or even for an anonymous test at Robertson Walk and have your concerns addressed in person

Take care
    The neighbouring country has just built a wall to keep outsiders out. These outsiders do not have a passport and are trying to get over the wall through different means. The HIV virus is one of these outsiders, they will try all means to get across the wall We will discuss in this article,  the

Comment

Nurse used new needle and syringe.my only concern is that currency note which touched my needle.that currency note was given by previous patient to the nurse after her injection.that currency note was touched by both nurse and the previous patient.if the previous patient has her blood in her hand from rubbing the needle injection site and with the same hand she paid to nurse and that currency note made contact with the needle which is injected into me means can it transfer hiv to me?

​​​​​​Nurse too registering other patients name after collecting the money,as most of them are suffering from cold or fever,if that patient has cough or runny nose,and with the same hand if they paid to nurse means can it Tranfer hiv to me as currency note is touched by nurse too before it toched the needle?

Comment

Please help me,im I going through worst phase of my life.im depressed.

Comment

Hi Dihan,

There have been no documented cases similar to yours. My colleague, Dr Julian, has also provided a link to a useful article. I suggest you speak to a doctor further about your concerns in person. If you are able to come to our clinic, you are more than welcome to come by and have a discussion with us, but otherwise, I'd encourage you to see someone to allay your anxiety

Comment

Working...
          X