HIV testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIV testing

Please need help I had sex using protection with unknown HIV status partner after one week I had running nose body weakness muscle pain and converted to fever I test positive for malaria I got treated after 5weeks I take drug for 28days before taking the drug I test negative after finishing the drug test negative is this test conclusive this is 3month now

Hi Mams,

Your question is a little vague. Did you repeat the test for malaria or HIV after finishing your course of anti-malarial medications? Is your concern regarding HIV testing or malaria testing?

Regards

Comment

Hi Dr. Am concern regarding HIV sir, I had sex using protection (condom) and I don't the HIV status of the other partner which after one week later I have running nose body weakness muscle pain white tongue which later progress to fever I have tested for malaria and I got treatment perfectly so after I recover from the fever which 5weeks later, I explain to a public health worker he advice I should get test so when I was tested in the lab my result was negative so they gave me 28days medicine to avoid the infection since am not sure of her status after I finish the medication I was tested negative so all in all my exposure and finishing my 28day course to date is 3month and I was tested negative I need advice suggestions and many more because since when I started the fever to date am not feeling well as I am before I lose weight alot I experience tremors, when laying down Immediatly I stand up I have headache with pulsing and drizzy which stop after some few minutes and my stool is sometimes not normal l over my body and I did urine test which staphylococcus infection was detected.

Comment

Hi Mams,

Sounds like you were given Post Exposure Prophylaxis. If your repeat test is negative at 3 months after exposure, you do not have HIV.

Regards

Comment

Working...
        X