Pep and hiv test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pep and hiv test

​I had sex with a call girl on 22nd dec 2018. I am circumsized. I had given oral to her with condom on my thing. N did vaginal sex with her 2 times but using different condoms. I donot know her status. So i met a doctor n he suggested n gav me two combo drug on Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, lamivudine and efavirenz tablets IP of 300, 300 & 600 mg. I took it at 42 hour after exposure. Then i talked to a another docter online n he stopped my efavirenz medicine and asked me to take Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and lamivudine. I took it again after 61 hour. And then started tenvin m and raltergravir at 70.5 hours and continued my PEP for 28 days.
    Now i am having rashes like dry skin which itch and after itching dry skin peel out and after around 4-8 hours it goes away.

​​​​​​I am having severe dry skin on and around ears and fatigue too... This never happened to me before... May be this is due to PEP medication???
    Just wanna ask that when can i test for hiv???
    Is hiv rna pcr and combo duo 1/2 ag/ab test conclusive at 31 days after exposure?
    Done it on 31st day... Came back non reactive and not detectable...
    Or do PEP effect the test period?
    I hav read somewhere that the test should be repeated after 4 weeks after completion of PEP medication...
    Plz reply to this query...

Hi rajesh, thanks for your question. In general, a 4th generation test performed on completion of PEP is sufficient. For further information, please take a look at the article I've written on this topic below.
    HIV Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) has been established as a cornerstone of HIV prevention in the last 20 years. With newer, well-tolerated medications and better access to medical care, PEP has shown itself to be a safe and effective weapon in our arsenal against HIV infection.   Read: A Guide to HIV PrEP & HIV PEP

Comment

Working...
    X