Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden breakout of rashes

Dear Drs,

I went for a massage 3 weeks back and did not have unprotected sex with the masseuse. There was however a handjob involved and a little touching of the masseuse's genital area (unexposed).

No fever, flu, sore throat and/or other symptoms apart from getting an onset of rashes on the upper body for no apparent reason unless it is an allergy of some sort. I have attached pics for your reference and advice. It is only itchy at night during sleep and spreading fast. I might wish to mention that I have eczema (atopic dermatitis) as a medical condition as well.

Could you let me know if I should come by for a test as I understand rashes are a symptom of ARS?
    Attached Files

Please do not be worried
    Your kind of exposure does not put you at any risk of getting HIV
    From your pic your rash looks like pityriasis rosea

I would say that it can also be secondary Syphilis except for the fact that 3 weeks is much too short a period to develop secondary Syphilis

Just for everyone else's education : HIV ARS can look like that. But as you can see, it looks bad but similar to many other diagnoses including eczema

So in conclusion for you:
    1. Do not worry about HIV
    2. See a Dr to diagnose the rash. My guess is Pityriasis Rosea, I would be nice if you got back to this forum and let me know if I am right.

Comment

A million thanks for your prompt reply and diagnosis. I will be seeing a General Practitioner soon and willl reply at the soonest!

Comment

Hi Dr Tan,

It was not diagnosed as Pityriasis Rosea but rather a different form of eczema as it is a pre-existing condition. He did mention that it is not infected (dry) and it does not look like hiv or secondary syphillis rashes. I also did a blood test just in case, of which I am waiting for results for.

Thanks for your advice earlier.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
          X