Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIV symptoms or flu

Hi Doctors,

A timeline of my recent exposure​​​​​​s: (indicate as days for easy reference)

Day 1: Overseas sexual encounter with condom on
    Day 3: Overseas sexual encounter with condom on
    Day 6: Local sexual encounter without protection
    Day 8: Feeling abit of aches/warm but no fever, throat slightly sore, no rashes or itchiness spotted on body.
    Day 9: Similiar to day 8.

I would like to ask if there is anything to worry about from these symptoms and when is the earliest time I could go visit to get tested? I am intending to go for the 4th gen test 28 days later from Day 6 mentioned above but I'm just wondering if there cld be an earlier date possible to put my mind at ease. Have been pretty anxious about it due to the unprotected sexual encounter.

Thank you

You may consider doing an HIV RNA PCR test at 12 days post-exposure as it can be conclusive by then - however, this test can only be run on weekdays before 2pm and cannot be performed anonymously. Otherwise, you may consider doing a 4th generation HIV Combo test (which can be performed anonymously at our Robertson Walk clinic) from day 14 onwards as it has very good accuracy already, although as noted you will only be able to say you are fully clear if tested after 28 days.
    Our HIV Testing services in Singapore is available to both local and international patients looking for expert medical expertise in HIV and STD testing, treatment and management from experienced male and female doctors in a discreet, comfortable, and private environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Jonathan Ti View Post
      You may consider doing an HIV RNA PCR test at 12 days post-exposure as it can be conclusive by then - however, this test can only be run on weekdays before 2pm and cannot be performed anonymously. Otherwise, you may consider doing a 4th generation HIV Combo test (which can be performed anonymously at our Robertson Walk clinic) from day 14 onwards as it has very good accuracy already, although as noted you will only be able to say you are fully clear if tested after 28 days.

Hi Doc,

1. Is the RNA PCR test available in your clinic in Malaysia?
      2. How much would it cost?
      3. How long would we get the result?

Thanks.

Comment

Dear Thereyougo
        https://drtanandpartners.com.my/contact-us/
        The PCR RNA test is available in our Malaysia clinic. Kindly contact the clinic to enquire more about the cost and waiting time for the results.

Comment

Working...
        X