Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oral sex, Fingering with cut (NO RISK for HIV) but Sore throat.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral sex, Fingering with cut (NO RISK for HIV) but Sore throat.

Dear Doctors at DTAP,

Thank you for doing an amazing job. I think this forum gives most realistic and scientific knowledge.
    After reading Dr. Tan's post about risk of HIV transmission while fingering with cut, I understood that this is not the risk for HIV transmission and insertive oral sex carried close to zero risk.

I had similar exposures and freaked out by raising 'What if' questions but learned that educating myself and getting tested after window period are the only solutions, I am grateful to DTAP Forum for educating me.

Recently, I am facing sore throat (great discomfort and pain only on left side) from last 13 days, it started after 7.5 weeks of exposure. Today, I saw some white patches on my upper mouth and in single white patch in throat.
    According to my knowledge (of course gained through DTAP forum archives), sore throat alone after 7.5 weeks of exposure without any other health issues (fever, cough and cold) is not related to any STD symptom. Am I right?

It will be fine if you could only reply with YES or NO.

Thank you once again.

There is no risk of HIV from what you have described. But if you have given oral sex, there is a potential risk of oral chlamydia and gonorrhea, which can be tested with rapid PCR swabs. Of course, there are many other non-STD viral or bacterial causes of sore throat. If you are concerned, it is best to have a doctor take a look so we can advise you properly.
    Rapid STD/HIV Test in Singapore. Rapid HIV & STD Testing results in 20min and Chlamydia Gonorrhoea PCR Test result next day. Rapid STD Screening available too.

Comment

Dear Dr. Ti,

Thank you very much for responding. Again, I am assured that DTAP should be first choice of people who are worried/terrified or had real exposure. I was waiting for an answer, I feel so relaxed now. It’s really nice feeling to hear expert opinion and leaving all worries related to HIV behind.

In my case, I received blowjob from woman and I also kissed her passionately before act.
      Does this possess window for chlamydia and gonorrhoea transmission?

Currently, I am traveling with my family overseas, I will hit the Clinic as soon as I get back. Thank you.

Comment

If you received oral sex, there is definitely a risk of chlamydia and gonorrhea (urine).
        Glad to hear you find our forum useful and educational.

Comment

Working...
        X