Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index value

Dear Dr.
    I have had 4 4th generation tests in total for HIV post exposure.
    1st test as baseline immediately after exposure( index value - 0.2)
    2nd test immediately after completing PEP( index value- 0.16)
    3rd test 28 days post PEP( index value - 0.11)
    4th test 65 days post PEP and 96 days post exposure ( index value - 0.18)

My question is that are these index value significant I mean than in the 4th test the value increased from 0.11 to 0.18. Do these values fluctuate everytime and can increase or decrease?

Hi. I would consider your testing to be conclusively negative. The index value is not significant and as long as it is not at the positive limit there is no need to worry.

Comment

I am still unable to put this behind me. Unable to relieve the anxiety I dont know why.

What should I do?

Comment

As the issue is anxiety, I would recommend seeing a psychologist/psychiatrist for counselling. From an HIV infection point of view, there is no medical issue - tests are clear and conclusive.

Comment

Dear dr.
          Dr tan says that test should be repeated after 6 months after exposure. You and other Dr. consider my testing conclusive 3.5 post exposure.Why ?

Till now it has been more than 3.5 months post exposure and this thing is still bothering me very much despite all the negative tests. It is because of this 6 months testing guideline. Please Dr. Jonathan I beg you clear this. I can't take this anymore. I have spent hours convincing myself that I do not have HIV but still. Please Dr. this is inhibiting my normal life functioning.
          Last edited by Apprehensive; 06-21-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Please reply.

Comment

Please reply Dr.

Comment

Dear Apprehensive,

Our advice is that you move on. If you have decided to find a source that says you have to be cleared at 6th month mark, and you do decide to follow that source, then nothing we can say can convince you otherwise.

Thank you

Comment

Thank you for your reply sir.

I am 100% clear conclusive and did not contract HIV? Testing at 6 months will be unnecessary? Am I right sir.

Comment

The 4th gen test which you have done several times is conclusive. But I can see you clearly have anxiety. If you feel you need to test one last time formally at 6 months to close the issue, go ahead. I do not expect your result to change. If you anxiety persists, I suggest considering counselling to help you move on.

Comment

Thank you Drs.
                      One last thing that I have been geeting canker sores lately. 2 sores I got 1.5 months post exposure. 1 I got 2 months post exposure and currently now 4 months post exposure. Can these be due to the extravagant amount of stress I had been going through lately?

Comment

Yes. I am glad you are beginning to realize that stress is very likely the cause of your problems. NOT HIV.
                        Stress can certainly lead to canker sores.
                        However, other diseases such as dehydration, ulcerative colitis, certain forms of anemia also can present as canker sores.
                        So you should still see your doctor about it.
                        But the main thing for you is, the canker sores cannot be due to HIV.

Comment

I am still anxious even our when our local counselors have told me that my tests are conclusive. But as you said that testing 6 months post exposure is also recommended as I have undergone PEP so that's why I am tensed.

What do you think? Am I still not completely cleared from this?

Comment

Please reply.

Comment

Go see a psychiatrist
                              Your problem is obviously more psychological than virological.

Comment

Working...
                              X