Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steroid and Hiv test result

Hello dr. Tan

On May 2, 2019 I had unprotected exposure, and on May 6, 2019 I went to a dermatologist because my body felt itchy. Then the doctor gave me lameson 8mg (methylpredisolone) and consumed for 1 week (3 times a day), then week the next consumption of lameson 4mg for 1 more week (3 times a day). After that it stopped because the itching had healed.

On May 21, 2019, I tested the first HIV test using the CMIA, ELFA and immunochromatograph methods, and all the results were Non-Reactive.

Then on May 29, 2019, I went to see a pulmonary doctor because of a dry cough and a verdict of allergic bronchitis, I was given an Innovair drug containing Beclometasone, and I consumed it until June 10, 2019. After that, I did not consume any drugs containing steroids anymore.

On August 2, 2019 (93 days after unprotected exposure), I tested the CMIA method and the results were Non-Reactive.

The question:

1. Are my test results conclusived Negative Hiv?

2. Does my case taking the steroid drug affect the results of my HIV test?

3. Do I still need another HIV test?

Thank you in advance, hopefully my questions can get a response and answers from you. Once again, thank you.

Your tests are conclusive. Steroid will not affect your HIV results. Please move on

Comment

Working...
    X