Please help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me

Dr i had unprotected sex with a male, im the top, at the first time i use the condom then at the last time i took off the condom, maybe about 2 minute expose (unprotected) i had alere combo test at 7, 14, 18, 21, 27, 31 days post expose all the results is negative, doctor do i need to test again? Thank you i hope you can help me.

I truly appreciate your reply for this

You do not need to test again
    You did not contract HIV from this exposure
    You can watch the YouTube video for more information on the HIV testing window periods

Comment

• wayne1991
      wayne1991 commented
      Editing a comment
      i have recently done a PCR-RNA test on 13days post exposure and results are not detected and Determine-Alere Combo Tests at 22 and 28days post exposure, both are negative. i also did a std test 28 days post exposure which syphillis negative on Tp-pa and RPR (VDRL), chlamydia and gonorrhea negative on PCR test. herpes 1 and 2 negative and also HIV 1 and 2 ag/ab ECLIA test not detected.

since PCR-RNA test is specific for HIV 1 and the Alere test p24-antigen is also specific to HIV 1 Only. my question is how accurate and conclusive the above results are for HIV 2? does hiv 2 and hiv 1 share the same window period.

Does my results above conclusive that i do not have hiv.

Thanks in advance
Working...
X