Hiv testing after pep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiv testing after pep

Hi guys...am really worried about my status...i got exposed to HIV through sex on 25th August and started pep on 26th August and completed the regime on 22 September. ..have been taking tests every month since then and all were giving a negative result ..Today the 22nd of December also took another test as it is 3 months after finishing the pep regime but still the won't go away.. Please help me? Am I on the safe side...is it possible that pep has delayed seroconversion please help me...Cant bare the stress

Please can someone help me

Comment

i am in your situation right now .. my exposure was protected ,it was on 30th oct , i tested for RNA and 4th generation combo on 44th day, which is 14 days after pep, i am lucky it is negative , but i am still in complete stress and i could barely talk with anyone these days .. i tough

Comment

from Dr Tan and partners point of view i think u r completely safe now

Comment

Though been having stomach problems that don't go away , Thrush, muscle twitching, dry mouth...its really freaking me out real...doctor Tan can you help me here please am in a stress and anxiety please

Comment

I'm in your same situation, I have extreme inflammation and musle twitching along with alot of other things.. if you dont mind me asking what's all your systoms

Comment

was ur exposure protected? i think 3 months is long enough for u....i am counting my days to come ... its moving so slow

Comment

It wasn't not protected...have stomach that rambles almost all the time with some mild pain and inflammation, and Thrush go away even...dry mouth..

Comment

Not forgetting that have already lost 3kgs

Comment

Conclusive, you may move on. By week 2, HIV would have already been picked up by 4th gen. However, since you took PEP, testing after completion of PEP at week 4 with negative results is of good indication. Clinically under DTAP, there hasn't been any one who tested negative at week 4 after completion of PEP and subsequently tested positive at day 90 under 3rd gen except for a single case where the patient still undertook risky activities while under PEP regime.

In short, if you did not have any other sexual exposure whilst under PEP and tested negative at week 4, u may move on. Besides, since you have already past the 3 months mark and tested with 3rd gen, it's deemed as conclusive.
                    Last edited by HIVsucks; 12-23-2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Mine was unprotected and I've been tested several times but all negative at 5 months, my muscles still twitching, pain in my stomach, inflammation, and now I may have a lung infection

Comment

Originally posted by Neenie View Post
                        Mine was unprotected and I've been tested several times but all negative at 5 months, my muscles still twitching, pain in my stomach, inflammation, and now I may have a lung infection
                        Test results don't lie past its test period. Your symptoms could be due to something else, see your GP for further diagnosis. Many a times, people equate a mild fever and cold to be HIV related... symptoms for hiv are non specific and the only way to determine if you are infected is to get tested. If it's negative, move on. If it's not, then seek treatment.

There's no way Drs from DTAP can convince you otherwise.

Comment

mine was protected exposure .. i have completed PEP and i took HIV RNA tesf and 4th gen test at day 44 i.e 14 days after PEP, luckily it comes out negative .... i really need some expert assessment ... time is moving so slow .... i hope u guys doing fine .... it was my firsf time .. i felt so broken inside @HIV

Comment

HIVFear HIVsucks

Comment

Originally posted by teesee View Post
                              I see you posting in every threads because you are anxious i suppose? Look, you already got tested with a 4th gen test at 1 month exposure, it is indicative that you did NOT contract HIV. Clinically, when one has tested negative at week 4 for HIV after going through the new PEP regime , it is deemed conclusive.

Besides, a condom was used, technically speaking, PEP was unwarranted given the inherent low risk.

Relax, you are fine. Should you wish to do a retest at day 90, please do so. On the other hand, if test results can't convince you that u are free from HIV then even doctors can't help but to refer you to a pyschiatrist for an analysis on your mental wellbeing.

Comment

Working...
                              X