inconcluive test result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inconcluive test result

Hi there i would wanna know as im curious as i went for hiv test.

First test came out as (ag-ab clia Liaison xl - reactive).

And after they use a reconfirm test (western blot mp mp diagnostics - negative) & (ag-ab eia Biorad genscreen ultra -nonreactive)

And the conclusion was inconclusive. And ask for a repeat 4 weeks later. After 4 weeks i did the same test and it came out the same result. This time the conclusion given was : no evidence of hiv infection.

Im just curious why and wondering is there any other people facing the same thing?

Hi speedy,

There can be cases of initial false positive results but it has to be re-confirmed with either a Western Blot or another HIV test before confirming diagnosis.

Regards

Comment

• speedy
      speedy commented
      Editing a comment
      till today i feel paranoid because the first test will always comes out as (ag-ab clia Liaison xl) - reactive. even after 1 month from the initial test. feels like something is not right. I got a feeling its because i took immunity booster like vitamins c , fish oil or similar ?
      The nurse incharged once told me that in hiv test there is antibody and antigen and she said 1 of it is reacting (cant remember which 1). she said if that is reacting instead of the other than it should be fine. isit true ?
      Last edited by speedy; 11-23-2020, 02:48 PM.

?????????????

Comment

Hi Speedy,

The tests are conclusive, cause your symptoms might be non specific.

As for the HIV testing, either antigen or antibody positivity will indicate a possible infection.

Regards

Comment

• speedy
        speedy commented
        Editing a comment
        so that means my results indicate a possible infection too ?? even the western blot is negative ?? cant believe the nurse told me a different thing. I dont think anyone will have the same results again even after 1 month apart? The nurse told me that this particular test brand just doesn't like me and therefore it will stay reactive. by the way the exposure date is 5th december 2017 and the test date is on 7 february 2018. still conclusive? what im worried the most is because on 12 January 2018 i did a acupuncture on my back as i was having sciatica at that time and im scared that the needle contain hiv.
        Last edited by speedy; Today, 07:01 AM.
    Working...
    X