Hiv from testing center

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiv from testing center

I'm from India and I'm working in government job.4 years ago,I passed the exam to work in the government.once we passed we have to gone through medical examination including hiv.for that they alloted the government hospital in my area for medical examination for me and everything is okay for me and my hiv test too came back negative.And that hiv center is full of hiv patients at that time.at that time I don't have any doubts after collecting the reports.but gradually I started to doubt every scenario especially at first nurse touched my skin inorder to find my veins,once she found she collected the blood from there.all the collected blood samples are kept in the adjacent table and she was testing the samples in regular intervals.so,my doubt is if she touched the hiv blood samples and touched my skin and collected blood from the same spot(from the spot she touched)means can it transmit hiv to me?
    as this happened 4 years ago,I don't have any hiv related symptoms until now.
    im appearing for another government examination in three months,so I'm very depressed about this and I'm not able to concerntrate on my studies.

Hi Redy,

You are welcome to come by our Robertson Walk clinic for anonymous HIV testing if you are in Singapore (https://www.dtapclinic.com/hiv/anonymous-hiv-testing/). Otherwise, I would encourage you to either repeat a test or speak to someone about your anxiety. You do not have to let this disrupt your life.

Comment

But is that risk if she touched the hiv blood samples and touched my skin and collected blood from the same spot(from the spot she touched)means can it transmit hiv to me?

Comment

Dear Redy,

All health care professionals are expected to observe blood and bodily fluids precautions. I.e wearing gloves, not reusing sharps.

If you are concerned about your risk, please feel free to speak to us at clinic for further assessment

As my colleague has mentioned, you do not need to let this disrupt your life.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X