Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does a reactive result in hiv test considered a person to be HIV positive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does a reactive result in hiv test considered a person to be HIV positive?

A reactive result in first test considered a preliminary positive, and means that HIV antibodies were found.” So what does it mean if the second test is negative? does it still considered a person to be hiv positive?? some people said that if the first test is positive means that HIV antibodies were found. what does (NATs) means by the way?

Hi Speedy,

If the confirmation test is negative, the patient does not have HIV. It means that the initial results were a false positive.

Do you mean NAAT? It refers to Nucleic Acid Amplification Test, or PCR.

Regards

Comment

• speedy
      speedy commented
      Editing a comment
      oh i see , but i dont know why they usually mention naat as second confirmation test. no idea what that means? and how do you considered as confirmation test? i mean like what sort of test? for example what i did was a (ag-ab CLIA by Liaison XL) followed by (ag-ab EIA by biorad genscreen ultra) and then finally (western blot by MP Diagnostics)
      Last edited by speedy; 01-09-2021, 06:15 AM.

Hi speedy,

The confirmatory test depends on the guidelines for different countries.

Locally, the western blot is the confirmatory test.

Regards

Comment

• speedy
      speedy commented
      Editing a comment
      So what does the naat test is? Is western blot naat test?

Hi speedy,

No it's simply known as the western blot.

It might be referring to testing HIV RNA Viral Load, as the technique is nucleic acid amplification or polymerase chain reaction

Regards

Comment

• speedy
      speedy commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you hive me example of naat test names ? For what i remember the doctor only gave me (ag-ab EIA by biorad genscreen ultra) as second confirmation test. Then 3rd confirmation test is western blot. Because the 1st test which is (ag-ab CLIA by Liaison XL) was reactive

Hi Speedy,

There are too many commercial names. You have to do your research on your own or check it with your own local doctors.

Regards

Comment

• speedy
      speedy commented
      Editing a comment
      What about in your clinic?? Im not sure why most clinics dont offer naat test

Hi Speedy,

It's just known as the HIV RNA Viral Load. I would suggest checking with your own doctors if you are unsure.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
    X