4th generation test @ 27 day post exposure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th generation test @ 27 day post exposure

Hi there doctors, i dropped by dtap @ robertson this morning & did a 4th generation test (results came out negative). was abit anxious so i decided to do the test on 27 day post exposure instead of the 28 day post exposure to be conclusive. just want to be sure. dr grace was the one who did it for me and assured me that there would not be much difference from 27 day post exposure vs 28. just want to also hear from other doctors is that really fine. is my results close to conclusive ? i will drop by @ the 3 mth mark to do another 3rd generation test again thou. hope to hear from u guys soon. thanks

cheers !

I would agree that your test is essentially conclusive at 27 days. Of course, you may always repeat your testing for peace of mind.

Comment

In fact according to the US CDC Updated Recommendations on Lab diagnosis of HIV, the 4th Gen test is as good as conclusive from 2 weeks post exposure. However, we always recommend 28 days to be absolutely sure.

Comment

thanks dr jonathan & dr tan. in my case. do u think i need to do a retest ? since i did @ the 27day mark.

Comment

have u guys heard of any people who did the test before the 28day post exposure mark. turning positive after that ?

Comment

Hope to hear your responses too doctors !

Comment

any doctors out there can reply my enquiries ? appreciate it

Comment

Hi Johnang123,

Anecdotally I can say that neither myself nor my colleagues at Robertson walk have had such an experience thus far.

Comment

Working...
                X