Testing accuracy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing accuracy

Hi docs. My recently exposure is unprotected oral ( insertive) and protected sex on 3-2-2019. Done a HIV rapid combo test name Mediven come out negative on 6-3-2019. Result out in around 2-3minutes and after that check with doctor don't have fainted line just one line on the test kit. My question is 1) Using Mediven brand can consider conclusive at 31 days ?

And second question is did u guys ever heard of mediven rapid combo test?

Comment

Hi Hock

Thank you for the question
      I have never heard of the Mediven test and am unfamiliar with its accuracy.
      You should check with the Doctor who did the test for you.

Comment

My doctor says that this Mediven also used by our Malaysia government hospital.

Comment

I take it that your Doctor is trying to reassure you of the reliability of the test. You should listen to him. I am unable to comment on this.

Comment

By 6 weeks, can I know which test I can do? Izt do a 4th generation combo test again or a normal 3rd generation antibody test ?

Comment

Hi drs. I just got a blood test result. It is sent to lab. The result stated HIV ag/ab non reactive. Can consider the result done at 7 weeks conclusive ?

Comment

Your test which covers HIV antigen and antibody is equivalent to the 4th generation test which we consider conclusive at 28 days.
                If you remain concerned, you are welcome to come by our clinic either in KL or Singapore for a discussion.

Comment

Working...
                X