• Show
Clear All

Also all my regular cbc were normal in range if that makes a difference

Comment

Hi madman,

It's not yet conclusive.

Regards

Comment

Hi Dr. So over here in the states covid has appointments filled up. They can't get me in on day 28 but they can on day 22 post. If negative is that still gonna be to soon?

Comment

Hi madman16,

Its reassuring but it's still not conclusive. Get tested at D28.

Regards

Comment

Ok so the 23 day 4gen hiv test was negative along with the other std tests. Should I feel a sigh of relief with that negative and knowing I wore a condom and did not ejaculate inside of her? I will retest when they have another available date if you feel i should dr.

Comment

Hi madman51,

It's still within the window period for testing, but then the negative tests are pretty reassuring.

It's highly probable that you do not have HIV.

If you want to get tested, get tested at the 3 month mark instead as your 3rd month screen.

Regards

Comment

Ok dr. They did a 27 day post 5th gen combo test and it was negative. Is that conclusive?

Comment

It's still short of the D28 mark but I still think that is pretty conclusive.

Comment

I tested positive for covid 19 will that effect my response if my hiv test was negative?

Comment

Hi madman,

I do not think that it affects your HIV results but COVID is still so new that more data is needed.

Regards

Comment

Hi Dr. I went and had another encounter with a woman and she used mineral oil as lubricant. I didn't see any breaks upon finish but I'm nervous about it because I was recently diagnosed with HSV1 and HSV2 and not sure when I acquired them because I've never been tested for that before. I'm praying it not from that which I was tested 5 days after that exposure.

Comment

Hi Dr. I took a hiv rna test 10 days after starting pep and it was negative. Is that a good sign?

Comment

Hi madman,

It is a good sign but you should still finish PEP and complete your testing after that.

Regards

Comment

Does pep effect that taste after only taking it 9 days post?

Comment

Hi madman51,

It might affect the tests as PEP inhibits HIV replication and hence there is a possibility of a false negative HIV RNA PCR

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X