Persistent headache

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persistent headache

After sex on 2/1/2019, I've been experiencing headache daily from 5/1/2019 up till now. (9/1/2019) Could this be due to STD? What STD normally have symptoms like this?

Headache after sex is not uncommon but it is unlikely a symptom of an STD.
    That being said, STD can also be present without symptoms. Best to speak to our Doctors for a detailed consultation on STD screening.

Comment

I read few blogs, articles that mentioned headache for days or persistent headache is a sign of syphilis (neurosyphilis). What test should I take to detect syphilis infection? Been having this headache for more than a week beginning 2 days after potential exposure.

Comment

Hi,

If you are very concerned about potentially getting syphillis, you should come down to one of our clinics for a blood test for syphillis as well as the other STDs.

Comment

Hi, I'm staying at the northern part of Malaysia, so I guess nearest is ur KL clinic. What test is normally done at ur clinic? VDRL? TPHA?

Comment

Hi, without going into too much detail here: the standard testing for syphilis will always involve both a screening/nontreponemal specific test e..g VDRL and RPR and a treponemal specific test like TPPA or TPHA.
            I think the best is if you pop by our KL clinic for a discussion with our colleague, Dr Kaarthig, who will be more than glad to speak to you about your concerns.

Comment

Working...
            X