syphilis transmission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• syphilis transmission

Dear doctor, is it possible for syphilis transmission to a half year old small baby touched a trace blood stain left not long ago on door knob of blood screening clinic? The baby likes to lick his hands and rub his eyes. Very worried. Thank u doctor.
    Last edited by life12345; 02-21-2019, 06:07 AM.

Hi life12345,

Treponema pallidum, which causes syphilis, has extremely poor survival outside the human body.
    You can read more about syphilis and transmission here: https://www.dtapclinic.com/articles/...es-and-rashes/

But in a nutshell, no, the above situation has zero risk of the infant contracting syphilis.

Comment

Dr Huang,
      Thank u very much for your reply!
      May i know whether the incident is still no risk of the blood stain only stayed on the door knob for only about 20 minutes time? Also is it possible for syphilis rash appear about 12-14 days after infection for infants? My baby got redish rash all over his back, especially upper back during one night about 2 weeks after that incedent. The rash was irragular in shape and size´╝înot projecting out of skin. The rash disappeared next day.
      Doctor, thank u very much for answer my question and really sorry for my obsessiveness and i always feel guilty to put my baby in any possible risk.
      Last edited by life12345; 03-10-2019, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X