Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Period

Hi Dr,

I recently received a handjob from a female with unknown status. There were other men around as well and she was giving them blowjobs as well.

She only used her hands on me, but after I ejaculated, she put my penis in her mouth for a brief 2 seconds. I'm worried about her status (i.e. oral STDs), as well as the pre-cum from other men that might have been in her mouth.

How soon can I test for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphillis and HIV?

What is my estimated risk level?

Hi, thank you for your query.

There is certainly risk for urinary tract STD's such as chlamydia and gonorrhea given the oral insertion (albeit brief). The risk for syphilis is also there but I would say much lower, and the risk of HIV from oral sex is negligible. If you are keen to proceed with testing, the chlamydia and gonorrhea tests can be performed accurately as early as 1 week post-exposure, however HIV and syphilis testing will take up to 1 month post-exposure to be conclusive.

We can offer rapid testing for these 4 STD's at any of our clinics. However, our Robertson Walk clinic is the only one that can perform HIV testing anonymously (i.e. result will not be notified to the Ministry of Health, even if positive).

If you require any further information, please contact us for an appointment: https://www.dtapclinic.com/contact-us/

Comment

Hi Dr Ti,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The exposure happened on 15 Dec 2018, Saturday at 11am.

Is it possible for me to go down for a rapid Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea test tomorrow (Friday, 21 Dec 2018) or would it be better for me to go down on Saturday Morning (22 Dec 2018)?

If I go down on Saturday morning, will the results be available on Sunday (as I understand that Sunday might not be a working day)?

Thank you.

Comment

Yes, you may come down to our Robertson Walk clinic and have the results ready in 24 hours - this includes Saturday and Sunday tests. You may walk-in to the clinic, no appointment timing is necessary. We are open from 8am-9pm on Friday and 9am-9pm on Saturday.

Comment

Hi Dr,

thanks for your reply. Would coming down today be too early as it’s only been 6 days since exposure? (Exposure happened on Saturday 15/12 11am)

Comment

We can detect chlamydia and gonorrhea by now already. HIV and syphilis testing will only be considered accurate after 1 month post-exposure.

Comment

Working...
            X