Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral Sex

Hi Dr,

On 10 July,I went to massage parlour, and the person give me a blowjob. Till today, I do not have any symptoms of HIV and STD. I still worry if I :
    1. Contacted HIV- When is the earliest day I could do HIV test?
    2. STD - As I know blowjob might be getting STD, when I could do a full check on STD?

Please advise and thank you.

Hi Ric,

The risk of HIV from oral is virtually negligible. But the earliest you can begin testing for HIV is about 2 weeks from exposure with PCR testing. For rapid point of care testing, the 4th generation test is conclusive at 28 days but doing it slightly earlier e.g. 3 weeks, will also give a reasonable indication.

Yes. A blowjob places you at risk of other STDs including syphilis, Chlamydia etc. Certain tests can be done from 1-2 weeks onwards but others are best done about a month after. It may be best if you drop by in person to speak to us and we can advise you accordingly. I can see you're pretty anxious so it'll be best to get things out of the way quickly.

Comment

Hi Dr.Grace,

Thanks for the reply.

So, when is the earliest day I could test for HIV test? Must it exactly after 14 days? And for STD, is it mean that I only can do all the test after a month from exposure to confirm is clear? Could all the test to check on the 14 days?

I hope to check and clear all my worry.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X