Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIV risk assessment

Dear Doctor,

Thank you for advising me on the risk for HIV transmission in the following scenario.
    I very recently had a back massage with oil in a Russian high end hotel that turned sexual/erotic, though not initially intended to be a sex massage.

I was naked but for a towel. The therapist was clothed. At some point he massaged my behind, after i admit indicated that i found that pleasurable. He rubbed my behind, my crack and tapped the rim of my anus with his fingers. There was no fingering nor insertation (that i recall) just some manual pressure. I often get a small abbrasion from wiping or toweling at my anus, leaving a tiny spot of blood on the toilet paper. I now worry crazy that i had this type of small wound there and that he might have used semen on me. I don't know for a fact that he might have ejaculated or come while i was lying face down. I never looked up and i haven't seen him naked or so. But i did notice that he was aroused as his clothed crotch touched my hand while on the table. In hinsight i now worry sick that he might have ejaculated on me or had sperm on his fingers while tapping/touching my anus. The amount of frotting might have maybe caused a tear at my anus rim as it would as when i wipe too much. Could in such a scenario there be transmission? Please advise. I am so anxious!
    Thank you!

In addition to my story. I rushed home and aggravated the story at emergency in my local clinic in order to receive PEP. I took my first pill at 46 hrs after the incident. I have been on PEP now for 6 days. Would the incident as described above warrant PEP in your opinion? How is the efficacity of PEP at. 46 hours?
    Also and what i didn't realise is that it now extends the window for testing massively. I understand PEP excludes a RNA test for early detection and that window period after completion of the 28 days treatment. With testng being only conclusive months after the end of the PEP treatment. please advise

Comment

There are a lot of "what if"s in your situation. I can only say that the risk from anal fingering is virtually nonexistent. In any case, there is no point in speculating now as the "what if"s can go on forever.
      PEP taken within 46hours is early enough, and to begin with I do not consider there to be a risk from anal fingering per se.

You can read about HIV testing after PEP here:
      HIV Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) has been established as a cornerstone of HIV prevention in the last 20 years. With newer, well-tolerated medications and better access to medical care, PEP has shown itself to be a safe and effective weapon in our arsenal against HIV infection.   Read: A Guide to HIV PrEP & HIV PEP

Comment

Originally posted by Dorq View Post
        In addition to my story. I rushed home and aggravated the story at emergency in my local clinic in order to receive PEP. I took my first pill at 46 hrs after the incident. I have been on PEP now for 6 days. Would the incident as described above warrant PEP in your opinion? How is the efficacity of PEP at. 46 hours? https://www.redadair.com
        Also and what i didn't realise is that it now extends the window for testing massively. I understand PEP excludes a RNA test for early detection and that window period after completion of the 28 days treatment. With testng being only conclusive months after the end of the PEP treatment. please advise
        These are the things which you can interrupt with the following measures

Comment

Working...
        X