Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herpes type 1

Hi Doctors,

Tested poaitive for HSV 1. Result is more than 3.5. Will type 1 become worst ? Like eventually become type 2, 3 and so on or even become other STD?
    is type 1 life endanger ? Can I live normally by not taking any medicine ?

Thanks

Hi Please help me

HSV1 is typically an infection acquired in childhood through oral to oral contact and saliva. It typically causes cold sores and some patients do not have symptoms at all.

It does not evolve into other forms of herpes or STD. It is not life-threatening and typically patients do well even without any medications if there are no flare-ups.

Regards

Comment

Thanks Dr Zheng, was tested at DTAP Robertson clinic.

If my mouth seem normal now, and I kiss my gf. Chances of infecting her is still quite hight right? If I dont want to infect her, does it mean I cant kiss her at all?

Will my future kids naturally born with HSV-1 as well?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Dr Zheng,

Will my sex partner get trasmitted if we had raw sex?
        Will it evolve into HIV ?
        If both genital and mouth no cold sore, can I have raw sex ?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Please help me,

The chances of transmission of HSV1 through kissing is low if there are no oral ulcers.

Your future kids will have a chance of peri-natal transmission of HSV1 if the mother has genital herpetic ulcers during delivery. You cannot infect your unborn kids prenatally

HSV does not turn into HIV

If both you and your partners are screened for and monogamous, the chances of STD infection during unprotected intercourse is low to none.

I've included a link to the WHO Fact Sheet about HSV, please feel free to refer to it for further information.

Regards

Herpes simplex virus fact sheet with key facts and information on type 1 (HSV-1) and type 2 (HSV-2): signs and symptoms, transmission, challenges, treatment, global impact and WHO response.

Comment

Thank you Dr Zheng,

Just want to say thank you for your time in providing these meaningful answer.

Thanks

Comment

Dr Zeng and doctors,

How do I know my HSV 1 is oral herpes or genital herpes?

My gf has genital pain and white discharge over 6 months. Is this Herpes type 1 symptoms as well?

could you help me anlayse the chances of her transmitted by me base on the facts below?
              1. Male oral to female genital - NO
              2. Female oral to male genital - YES (male penis no sign of symptoms)
              3. Unprotected intercouse - YES (male penis no sign of symptoms)
              3. kissing - YES
              4. Male Herpes type 1 positive.

Hope doctor to provide opinions.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Doctor,

Is this tyoe of cold sore from Herpes type 1 on the upper lip?

I have herpes type 1 and this cold sore look like thingy is not pain not itchy.

Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Please help me.

Serology will not be able to determine whether it is oral or genital herpes. It depends on the clinical presentation of where the ulcers appear.

Regarding your girlfriend, bring her for a consult. There could be other causes why she is having discharge and pain

As for yourself, It does not look like cold sores. See your doctor for an opinion.

Regards

Comment

Yup thanks Doctor Zeng,

Just one quick question. Will Herpes type 1 cause white discharge ?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Please help me

HSV1 causes ulcers rather than discharge.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                      X