Hiv testing window period

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiv testing window period

Hi, I have an encounter with msg lady on 23/10/2018. We both naked, no intercourse. I lick her nipple, suck her boobs,and she do handjob to me. No blowjob, but I think she got her vaginal fluid on hand when blowjob me. 5 days after the exposure, started having sore throat, mild fever. On off mild fever for abt 1 month I would say.

Did HIV ag/ab cmia test on the following dates:
    1. 13/11/2018 (20 days)
    2. 21/11/2018 (28 days)
    3. 4/12/2018 (41 days)
    4. 18/12/2018 (55 days)
    5. 16/1/2019 (84 days)

All 5 tests are non-reactive. Do I need further testing?

No, you do not. Your tests are conclusive. And your risk is essentially zero to begin with.

Comment

dear Doc

i will be traveling to singapore and would like to meet u at your clinic on 17th and 18th feb 2019.

Comment

Sure, we would be happy to consult you. You may come down to our Robertson Walk clinic on either the 17th or 18th as a walk-in, no appointment required. Robertson Walk is the only clinic which offers Anonymous HIV Testing services.

Comment

Originally posted by hellohewhew1234 View Post
          Hi, I have an encounter with msg lady on 23/10/2018. We both naked, no intercourse. I lick her nipple, suck her boobs,and she do handjob to me. No blowjob, but I think she got her vaginal fluid on hand when blowjob me. 5 days after the exposure, started having sore throat, mild fever. On off mild fever for abt 1 month I would say.

Did HIV ag/ab cmia test on the following dates:
          1. 13/11/2018 (20 days)
          2. 21/11/2018 (28 days)
          3. 4/12/2018 (41 days)
          4. 18/12/2018 (55 days)
          5. 16/1/2019 (84 days)

All 5 tests are non-reactive. Do I need further testing?
          After the 5 tests, about last week (119 days post exposure), I'm having the second sore throat. (First one is about 5 days after exposure) Should I retest?

Comment

No. There is no need to retest. You have done multiple tests which are negative and your initial risk was virtually negligible.

There are many other causes for a sore throat including common infections such as viral upper respiratory tract infections.

Comment

I read that one of HIV symptoms is persistent sore throat. Been having this sore throat for more than a week now, even after antibiotics.

Comment

Not all sore throats are necessarily due to a bacterial infection. It is difficult for us to advise you on your sore throat without physically evaluating you, so I would suggest you come down to the clinic for a consult and physical examination.

Comment

Working...
                X