Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STD Testing vs Anon HIV Testing

Hi,

I would like to find out for STD packages that includes HIV testing, does it mean it will not be anonymous?

In the event of being tested positive, in this case, is the clinic obligated to inform MOH?

Dear Pvyre

Thanks for your message.
    Anonymous HIV Testing can only be done at certain clinic such as our branch at Robertson Walk.
    Not sure which STD package you have seen but generally unless specified, an STD screen including HIV is will not be anonymous.
    Yes. HIV is a notifiable disease so we do have to inform MOH of the patient s HIV status.

Comment

I am a male of 26 years old and my last possible exposure exposure was 6years back After that I didnot have any sexual exposures I have no symptoms I did a 4th generation CMIA antigen and antibody test which is non reactive after 6 years of possible exposure.But I while I did the test I was using corticosteroid nasal spray to treat allergic rhinitis for a continuous period of 5months. Can this corticosteroid nasal spray cause immunosuppression and reduce the HIV antibodies so that it cannot be detected by HIV antibody test and cause a false negative?

Comment

Hi Anxious and anonymous,

The corticosteroid nasal spray will not affect the test results.

Regards

Comment

Sir actually i read some blogs in the Internet that corticosteroids cause immunosuppression and reduce the hiv antibodies and hence cause false hiv negative. This isnt true right?

Comment

This is the link from where I got the information sir

​​​​​​Regards

Comment

Dear anxious and anonymous

No it will not. The dose of intra-nasal corticosteroids are very low compared to oral corticosteroids. It will not affect the validity of the test

Regards

Comment

Sir it wont affect even if taking for a continuous period of 5months right?

Comment

No it will not

Comment

Ok thank you so much sir...
                    Regards

Comment

Working...
                    X