Antibiotic treatment for Gonorrhea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antibiotic treatment for Gonorrhea

Good day Dr tan, I went to one of your clinic the other day to do a Std diagnosis. In the meanwhile, your doctor gave me 1g of azi and 7 days of doxy for the treatment of both chlamydia and gonorrhea, however I read over the net, that says gonorrhea require IV antibiotic, so I'm just wondering if I met the requirement

Hi. Your antibiotic regimen of azithromycin and doxycycline is acceptable to treat chlamydia and gonorrhea. However, there are of course potential issues with antibiotic resistance with any kind of infection. If you are still having any symptoms, I would recommend a follow up visit and clearance testing to ensure your infection has been treated properly.

https://www.dtapclinic.com/rapid-std...onorrhoea-pcr/

Comment

• rafl
      rafl commented
      Editing a comment
      risk
      hi doc

I had an exposure 3 years back (protected sex ) and oral sex. After 2 weeks I got flu, body pain, eye irritation, headaches, loose poop . after 6 months I did western blot test from my country and the result came as a negative. my question is 1) is the result conclusive 2)still im feeling tired and lack of sleepness
      i will be visiting Singapore after two months will surely come and visit your clinic

risk
    hi doc

I had an exposure 3 years back (protected sex ) and oral sex. After 2 weeks I got flu, body pain, eye irritation, headaches, loose poop . after 6 months I did western blot test from my country and the result came as a negative. my question is 1) is the result conclusive 2)still im feeling tired and lack of sleepness
    i will be visiting Singapore after two months will surely come and visit your clinic

Comment

Hi rafl, I would consider your testing conclusive (although we do not usually do Western Blot as first line testing, only confirmatory). If you still have any further concerns, you are welcome to visit us for a proper consultation and evaluation.

Comment

• rafl
        rafl commented
        Editing a comment
        DEAR JONATHAN
        thanks for the reply

i will be coming to Singapore from Feb 17 to Feb 22 and would like to meet u

do I need to take appointments or can you give me your contact number

Hi Doctor, my sex partner was prescribed Tetracycline 500mg,Flagyl 250mg, Pariet 20mg. Is this medicine for STDs?

Comment

Working...
      X