X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slsa.1123
    started a topic Hiv

Hiv

Is it possible to contract HIV from bodily fluid on the ground? Passed by what looked like bodily discharge (may have been spit) on the ground and I cant tell if I stepped on it or not. When I got home I used my finger to wipe the bottom of my shoe to check if it was wet or not but still couldn’t tell if it was wet or not. I wash my hands right after but i am still worried I touched my face, lips, or eyes before washing. Am I at risk?
    Last edited by Slsa.1123; 01-12-2019, 01:22 AM.

• Dr. Grace Huang
    replied
    Hi,

It seems you have a lot of questions and concerns. The situations you are describing have specific nuances and I think it best if you come down personally for consult so we can address these at one go. You are welcome to come by any of our clinics (I will be at our Robertson walk branch).

Leave a comment:

• Slsa.1123
    replied
    Could I be at risk oh Hepatitis C through any of these situations? Do reply as I am getting more worried. Thank youb

Leave a comment:

• Slsa.1123
    replied
    Another question: yesterday I was washing my hands in the public bathroom sink when I noticed (after washing) that there was dried blood on the rims of the sink. Im worried I may have touched the blood. I only washed my hands with water and I washed again after noticing the dried blood. The blood got wet after a few drops of water fell on it. Could I be at risk if I touched it (when dry or wet) then later touched my eyes or mouth or ANY risky body part? I might have only touched the blood with my sleeves or might not have touched it at all. Please explain to me why I am or am not at risk, I am very worried. What also worries me is that I just got my period yesterday. What if the dried blood (wet after the drops of water) from my sleeves or arms got in contact with my hands unknowingly and then I touched myself to clean or replace my tampon later on?
    Last edited by Slsa.1123; 01-19-2019, 11:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Grace Huang
    replied
    Again, your risk remains zero.

Leave a comment:

• Slsa.1123
    replied
    Would I be at risk if I masturbated and didn’t wash my hands? As in my hands were sort of dry before I masturbated and I did wash my hands before doing it but Im scared the handwash bottle I touched before washing my hand got infected. I did touch that bottle again before masturbating, could I be at risk?

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Grace Huang
    replied
    There is still no risk even with masturbation, again, no need to worry.

Leave a comment:

• Slsa.1123
    replied
    Thank you so much I have a follow up question. Would I be at risk if I masturbated?

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Jonathan Ti
    replied
    There is no risk of HIV transmission from what you have described, no need to worry.

Leave a comment:

• Slsa.1123
    replied
    Please do reply as this is making me very worried.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X