PEP Regimen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tks doctor

but that faint line in AG disappeared after 60 minutes. My question is if the person get positive then the faint line will stay longer forever or it will be disappeared after 60 minutes

Comment

The faint line should have stayed on longer.

Regards

Comment

Dear Doctors

Is that true that for most of people. If infected and get tested with 4th generation

1. If tested after 12 weeks (or even after 7-8 weeks) from exposure, only Antibodies detected . Antigen (P24) will not be detected. As Antigen level drop down and become undetectable from 5-6 weeks
        2. If tested earlier (such as from 3 weeks to 5 weeks) both Antibody and Antigen will be detected
        3. If tested from 2 weeks to 3 weeks, Antigen will be detected but Antibody might not be ?

Thank so much Doctor

BuBu

Comment

Hi,

That is roughly correct.

Regards

Comment

Thanks for your very clear explanation

So in conclusion, for most of ppl and in most of the cases, if get tested with 4th generation at 28 days (if get infected) then the antibody must appear.

Thanks Doctors

Comment

Dear Doctors,

Sorry to bother you again.

But have you ever seen a Pep failure case then? In my country, doctors say that they never see a failure case if Pep taken before 72h and complete the 28 days course strictly. But i doubt about this record

Thanks Doctors

Comment

In our experience we have not seen a PEP failure case as well.

Comment

Dear Docotor,
                  Any HIV infection cases reported caused by nail clipper then?

Is it true that, we might have HIV risk in theory, if someone with HIV + using nail clipper before us and the clipper has fresh blood and IMMEDIATELY the clipper cause the wound to us?

Thanks doctor

Comment

Then that's a possibility. It would be akin to a needle-stick injury, with risk around 0.3%.

Comment

Dear Doctors

my friend self testes with Alere HIV Combo 3 months after exposure.Please see picture.is it neg?

thanks doctor
                      Attached Files

Comment

Its negative.

Comment

Dear Doctor

Sorry to ask you again.Why we dont read result after 30mins( with Alere HIV combo strip)

Is it because after 30 mins if someone really get infected and the faint line of either AG or Ab can disappear which cause flase negative?? ( i means two lines become 01 line)

Thanks doctor

Comment

This is because after around 30 or 40 minutes the reactants of the Ag/Ab columns can oxidise, leading to a false positive results and undue worry for the patients

Comment

Thanks for your explaination.

is it true that after 3-4 months,for most of Infected ppl if get tested with 4th generation test then only Antibody detected ,AG will not be detected. As AB is produced high enought to eliminate the AG.
                              But in the very last stage, AG will be detected again and AB will not be as our immune system become extremely weak ,CD4 cell very very low so antibody cannot be produced

Sorry to keep asking you as since last risk i try to study to educate myself to protect me

thanks doctors

Comment

It's true that HIV p24 stops being detected in the blood due to the production of HIV Antibodies.

Even at end-stage HIV infection (AIDS), HIV Antibodies would still be detectable.

Comment

Working...
                                X