Circumcision for Adults
What is Adult Circumcision?
Male Adult circumcision is the removal of excess foreskin from the penis.
When is it recommended?
Circumcision has been performed for thousands of years in many communities all over the world. Medically, it is also a recommended form of treatment for conditions like phimosis (tight foreskin), recurrent balanitis (penile infection) and premature ejaculation.
What are the benefits of Male Adult Circumcision?
Benefits of Circumcision
The Benefits of Circumcision include:
- Prevention of balanitis
- Better hygiene
- Reduced risk of HIV and other STDs
- Fewer risk of urinary tract infection
- Prevention of phimosis (inability to retract foreskin) and paraphimosis (foreskin retracted and unable to return to original position)
How is Adult circumcision performed?
There are several methods normally performed for adults.
Here at our clinic, we perform the conventional method.
Under local anaesthesia, the foreskin will be cut with surgical scissors and stitched to the remaining skin using absorbable sutures.
Is Adult Circumcision Painful?
The procedure is done under local anaesthesia.
The only pain you will feel is from the injection of the local anaesthesia. After which, you will not feel any pain during the procedure.
After the procedure there will be minimal pain and painkillers will be prescribed to you.
You may experience some discomfort for the first few days after procedure from nocturnal erections.
Can I pee normally?
For the first few days, some may notice some blood in the urine, spraying of urine or some discomfort during urination.
It will go away once the bandage has been removed and the wound has healed. After which you will be able to pee normally.
Is Circumcision Dangerous?
Like any surgical procedures, circumcision also comes with its own risks.
Potential risks include bleeding, pain, injury to the penis, wound dehiscence and hematoma formation. However, these risks are low and are manageable.
Can I still perform normal activities?
Right after the circumcision procedure, you are able to walk normally. There’s no need for hospitalization. You are however advised only to start exercise 4-6 weeks after the procedure.
Sexual intercourse and masturbation can only resume 4-6 weeks after the procedure.
How much does the Circumcision Procedure cost?
List of other Services
- Erectile Dysfunction
- ESWT for Erectile Dysfunction
- Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome
- Premature Ejaculation
- Peyronie’s Disease (Bent Penis)
- Blood in the sperm (Haematospermia)
- Prostate inflammation (Prostatitis)
- BPH (Enlarged Prostate)
- Male Pattern Hair Loss (Androgenic Alopecia)
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Pearly Penile Papules (PPP) Removal
- Adult Circumcision
- Tight Penis Frenulum (Frenulectomy)
- Foreskin Infection
- Penile Infection
- Male Urinary Tract Infection
- Men’s Fertility
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI)
- Regenera Activa (Hair Loss Treatment)