Men's Health Clinic
Premature Ejaculation Treatment
What is Premature Ejaculation (PE)?
Premature ejaculation or PE is a condition where the man ejaculates earlier during intercourse than he or his partner would like. This usually causes stress to both the man and his partner as both may not achieve optimal satisfaction from intercourse.
Did you know Premature Ejectulation is the most common sexual problem affecting men?
Up to 1 in every 3 men is affected by it. - It’s more common than snoring!
So you are definitely not alone.
How Come I Cannot Last Long in Bed?
There are 2 main reasons why you cannot last long in bed.
- You have difficulty getting or sustaining an erection. This problem is called erectile dysfunction or ED.
- You have no problems getting hard or sustaining your erection, but the moment you begin penetration you ejaculate soon after. This is Premature Ejaculation
Premature Ejaculation is usually psychological in nature. It is rarely a physical problem. Most common psychological factors include:
- Poor body image
- Early sexual experiences
- Relationship problems
Potential biological causes may include:
- Abnormal hormone levels
- Inflammation and infection of prostate or urethra
When Should I Seek Treatment?
Premature Ejaculation is very common and in some men, it only happens occasionally but not all the time. So that is normally not a cause for concern.
However, if you have any or all of the following, you are advised to see a doctor.
- Frequently or always ejaculate within one minute of penetration
- Almost always unable to prolong ejaculation during intercourse
- One or both of you feeling distressed about this issue affecting sexual intimacy
What are the Treatment Available for Premature Ejaculation?
Treatment options for premature ejaculation include behavioral techniques, topical creams and oral medications.
Treating Premature Ejaculation may take time so you have to be patient and find the treatment that works best for you. It is recommended that you combine behavioural techniques and medication for best results.
Can I Get Cured?
As mentioned above, Premature Ejaculation is usually due to a psychological cause.
It is advised for you to speak to your doctor and work closely with him in order to help you overcome your problem.
With time, effort and persistence, you can overcome PE and you can look forward to a healthier sex life with your partner.
List of Men’s Health Services
- Erectile Dysfunction
- ESWT for Erectile Dysfunction
- Pearly Penile Papules (PPP) Removal
- Premature Ejaculation
- Peyronie’s Disease (Bent Penis)
- Blood in the sperm (Haematospermia)
- Prostate inflammation (Prostatitis)
- BPH (Enlarged Prostate)
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Adult Circumcision
- Tight Penis Frenulum (Frenulectomy)
- Foreskin Infection
- Male Urinary Tract Infection
- Men’s Fertility
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI)
- Male Pattern Hair Loss (Androgenic Alopecia)