Prostatitis (Prostate Inflammation)
What is Prostatitis (Prostate Inflammation)
Prostatitis refers mainly to inflammation of the prostate gland, either by infection or various other causes.
Where is the Prostate Gland?
The prostate gland is a male pelvic organ which sits just below the bladder and surrounds the urethra, and functions to produce and secrete seminal fluid during ejaculation.
STD Screening, Testing & Treatment are available in all our clinics.
Did You Know
It is a common but likely underreported condition, and many men may suffer in silence without realizing there is a need for evaluation – studies indicate between 10-25% of all men may experience prostatitis in their lifetime.
What are the Symptoms & Signs of Prostatitis?
Symptoms & Signs of Prostatitis
Symptoms of prostatitis can vary depending on the cause of inflammation but can include
- Pelvic pain or pain while urinating
- Difficulty starting or stopping urination (i.e. hesitancy, dribbling)
- A frequency of urination (especially at night)
- Cloudy urine
- Blood in urine or sperm
- Pain or discomfort around the penis, testicles, or perineum (between the scrotum and anus)
- Painful ejaculation
Some men may also experience Erectile Dysfunction or Premature Ejaculation as signs of prostatitis.
What are the Causes of Prostatitis?
Cause of Prostatitis
Some infective causes of prostatitis would include Sexually Transmitted infections or diseases (STI’s/STD’s) such as chlamydia, gonorrhoea, and other organisms.
How do I know if I have Prostatitis?
Testing & Treatment for Prostatitis (Prostate Inflammation)
These can usually be evaluated with urine or semen fluid testing and treated fully with a course of antibiotics.
Other causes are less well understood and can cause recurrent or chronic symptoms - these may require certain types of pelvic floor therapy and may be relieved in certain cases with low-intensity electro-shock wave therapy (ESWT).
List of other Services
- Erectile Dysfunction
- ESWT for Erectile Dysfunction
- Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome
- Premature Ejaculation
- Peyronie’s Disease (Bent Penis)
- Blood in the sperm (Haematospermia)
- Prostate inflammation (Prostatitis)
- BPH (Enlarged Prostate)
- Male Pattern Hair Loss (Androgenic Alopecia)
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Pearly Penile Papules (PPP) Removal
- Adult Circumcision
- Tight Penis Frenulum (Frenulectomy)
- Foreskin Infection
- Penile Infection
- Male Urinary Tract Infection
- Men’s Fertility
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI)
- Regenera Activa (Hair Loss Treatment)