How to prevent skin rash?
Observing good skin hygiene can often help prevent a skin rash.
Useful tips include:
– Take precautions to minimise skin injuries such as cuts, burns, sunburn, animal or insect bites.
– Avoid direct skin contact with substances that had previously caused irritation or rash to your skin.
– Avoid medications that had previously caused a skin rash.
– Apply moisturiser regularly once or twice a day, and after washing your skin.
– Wash skin with water and mild soap or a non-soap cleanser with neutral pH.
– Protect from the sun. Wear hats and appropriate clothings to shield from the sun, seek shades, apply sunscreen if you engage in outdoor activities.
– Do not share personal items such as clothing, towels or combs with others.